When the boy’s away the girl will play!!
At baking and cooking that is..
Sadly this weekend the boy is working, so for a special treat this evening i decided to cook one of his most favorite things… pulled pork!
This gave me the opportunity to use one of my favorite things…. My slow cooker! The ability to make meat so wonderfully juicy and tender without having to pay any attention to it will never fail to win me over. I’m a sucker for gadgets and a sucker for doing anything to minimize the washing up!
This is my favorite version of pulled pork – i’l admit, its more virtuous to make your own marinades/ rubs – but for sake of convenience and being plain lazy, i’l be using these..
I also used Pepsi
What You Knead Is...
- BBQ Seasoning
- Mini Pork Shoulder
- 300g BBQ Marinade/ Sauce (Use your favorite!)
- 2 cans of Coke/Pepsi (Not diet)
- Soft Rolls and Pickles/Coleslaw to serve
What You Wanna Do Is...
- Put Pork Shoulder in a large bowl, sprinkle BBQ Seasoning and rub in until all the meat is covered, then leave for 3 or 4 hours in the fridge.
- Place marinated shoulder in the Slow Cooker then pour in three cans of your coke/Pepsi along with 1/2 bottle of the marinade.
- Let it bubble away in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- After this, check shoulder is cooked if it is, then remove the shoulder onto a plate and throw liquid away.
- Remove the thick piece of fat from the top of the pork then place shoulder back into the slow cooker, pour in the rest of the bottle of BBQ marinade and then using two forks just shred the meat apart and mix in the marinade.
- Leave in the slow cooker on low for about 45 mins and it will look dark and sticky.
- Enjoy with soft rolls and pickles!